Incredible High Speed Inspection Technology
Damaged, dented or deformed cans cause obstructions that can stop the production line cold. Contamination and foreign objects inside cans jeopardize product quality. Using powerful industrial processors, robust electronics, high-resolution camera systems and FireWire bus technology, filtec’s SpectroVision Empty Can Inspector (ECI) assures container quality and product integrity.
The SpectroVision system inspects up to 120,000 cans per hour, and its high-speed reject system reliably eliminates all faulty cans from the production line before they reach the filler. An optional camera can be utilized to verify the print on the cans to assure that the contents correspond to the markings. The SpectroVision ECI is also compact and easily integrated into existing lines.
Everything’s On Camera
The SpectroVision Empty Can Inspector uses multiple high resolution cameras with sophisticated optics and specially designed lighting to capture multiple images of each can from above and from the side (in the case of inspection for can markings) as it passes through the SpectroVision inspection station.
All the Advantages
- Vision inspection at speeds up to 120,000 cans per hour
- High speed reject system with reject verification
- Advanced optics and electronics for reliable vision inspection
- Picture-in-picture interface for ease of use
- Easy to integrate with minimal line modification
- Ethernet connectivity, data acquisition and remote access
- Parameter storage for easy product changeover
- Statistical counters for data tracking
The SpectroVision Empty Can Inspector (ECI) is fully upgradeable and can incorporate the latest technological advancements, including the Single Platform Technology (SPT) which standardizes many of the elements of filtec equipment, simplifies training and dramatically reduces the need for spare parts.