Founded in 1958, FILTEC is a leading provider of food, beverage, and pharmaceutical inspection machines.
With local offices and support in over twenty international territories, FILTEC has served some of the world’s most iconic brands on a global scale for over half a century.
Our three corporate pillars are:
Our research and development team has led the inspection industry in patents and technology since 1958.
We support an unprecedented team of global service engineers in local markets around the world. Your production matters.
Even after decades of heavy use, FILTEC machines maintain airtight performance. Our customers rely on this standard of excellence.
In November 2013, SFW Capital Partners, a specialist investor in Analytics Tools and Related Services businesses, made a strategic investment in FILTEC, further strengthening our foundations and laying a path to an even brighter future.
With local offices and support in over twenty international territories, FILTEC is positioned to serve you on a global scale.
- FILTEC founded by Fred Calhoun
- First patent filed for the Empty Bottle Inspector – automated inspection is born
- First optical fill level sent to market
- First infrared inspection technology sent to market
- Initial rejection systems developed
- Signature gamma fill level machine launch – would go on to sell tens of thousands of units around the globe and set the standard for full bottle inspection for decades
- First case inspector developed
- Signature starwheel design pioneered for Empty Bottle Inspector
- First microprocessor-based imaging system launched for Finish inspection
- First-generation Omnivision sent to market
- Brightfield for cellophane detection pioneered
- First to market with full 360-degree inspection technology
- First to market with pressure detection acoustic technology
- Dual diverter rejection system developed for multi-lane sorting and rejection
- Filler management system pioneered for advanced line analytics
- Laser coding product category launched
- Proprietary multimedia processor card developed for high speed inspection
- Spectrovision advanced vision inspection system sent to market
- PET laser coding premiered
- Twist thread inspection developed
- Touch screen user interface launched
- Investment in Vision development
- Introduction of INTELLECT integrated platform
The future of inspection lies in advanced software capabilities, detailed line analytics, and continually advancing automation technologies. FILTEC will continue to invest in the latest technologies, including Vision Inspection, Track and Traceability, and Connected Systems.