Why Inspect Empty Cans (ECI) Before the Filler?
Before empty food or beverage cans reach the filler, they can easily suffer damages to:
Damaged, cracked, dented, or bent cans have the tendency to jam lines after the filler. By inspecting empty cans at high-speed using Vision technology before the filler, you can reject these damaged cans quickly and easily before they cause costly downtime, cross-contamination, or product leakage on the line.
FILTEC Empty Can Inspection Solution
The FILTEC Empty Can Inspection (ECI) Solution is a highly configurable system that uses Vision technology to detect defects in empty cans on lines running up to 2,400 cans per minute (CPM). It uses a dual circular top lighting station that illuminates the inspection area for inspection of empty cans’ flange, inner sidewall surface, and base.
- Modern Vision inspection technology with 2.3 mega-pixel color cameras
- Compact machine footprint
- Easily integrates with existing production lines
- Reduces jams at the filler and seamer
- Continuous monitoring and statistical analysis of container integrity
FILTEC Empty Can Inspection (ECI) Runs On the INTELLECT Platform
With INTELLECT Integration, you will have a deeper view of your line data. INTELLECT provides:
- Continuous monitoring and statistical analysis of line operations
- A sampling of filler valves and closer/capper heads at high production speeds
- Isolation and evaluation of the performance of individual filler valves and closer/capper heads